Based upon the ongoing and growing concerns regarding Coronavirus – COVID-19, the Bell County Clerk’s Office is implementing a Continuity of Operations Plan to continue serving our citizens while taking precautionary measures to protect our staff and their families.
The Bell County Clerk’s office will limit public access to the office effective immediately and until at least March 31, 2020. The issue will be readdressed daily based on current happenings in our County.
The Bell County Clerk’s Office will still be operating by answering phones and emails, processing e-files for judicial cases, e-recording for property records, electronic registration of birth and death records, and all mail, fax and email search requests.
While we realize there will be exceptions, every attempt to limit face to face transactions will be made. Certain transactions will be processed by appointment only. These appointments will be restricted to only the party or parties involved. We ask that you please do not bring in children. If you are sick, recently exposed to anyone who is sick or show signs of being sick, please do not attempt to make a physical appearance in our office. Each request for an appointment will be screened for immediate need and will be decided on a case by case basis.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding to protect the employees and their families.
BELL COUNTY CLERK -CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS PLAN – March 2020
Criminal: In accordance with previously issued Administrative Orders, we will work in conjunction with the Courts, prosecutors, and attorneys. We encourage electronic filing, email, phone or mail requests. When necessary, we will practice social distancing and ask that all person’s step away from the customer service windows while documents are being prepared.
OPR and Property Records: All records of the Bell County Clerk’s office are available on line. We will be closing our lobby and encourage all search activity be done through our website:
All property recordings may be E-Recorded. If an “over the counter” recording is necessary, we request calling ahead and setting an appointment so we may limit the traffic through our office. Recordings will also be accepted via regular mail along with payment.
• Please e-file all signed proofs and oaths. We request Prove-ups no longer be completed in the Clerk’s Office.
• Please mail original last will and testaments and death certificate via certified mail/fed ex or regular mail. Suspend all hand delivery of last will and testaments and death certificates to the probate department.
• We request attorneys/parties mail in the original bond. Suspend all hand delivery of original bonds.
• Attorneys can e-file their cash bond or parties can mail in a cash bond/money order or cashier’s check. Suspend all cash bonds in person for guardianship/probate cases.
• Requests for letters of testamentary, guardianships, or administration can be sent via mail or email to email@example.com . We can take payments over the phone with a credit card and we can mail the letters back to the requestor.
• Submission of annual reports and annual accounts by guardians should be by mail. We will upload the annual report form to our website so that the guardian has access to fill out the form, have it notarized and then mailed to our office.
• Request from local title companies may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the clerk’s office will provide courtesy copies via email.
• Requests for certified copies/plain copies for probate/guardianship documents. Requests may be sent to email@example.com and payment can be made over the phone with a credit card.
• All answers to civil citations be submitted by mail or through e-file.
• Any requests for writs be submitted through mail or e-file.
• Any notice to appeal be submitted through mail or e-file.
Marriage Licenses: To purchase a marriage license visit this website:
Select the marriage license process and receive a transaction number. Once completed, contact the Bell County Clerk’s Office at 254-933-5165/5168 to set up an appointment to finalize the marriage application process at the Belton location.
Certified Copies of a Marriage License: To request certified copies of marriage licenses purchased in Bell County, please complete the required request form and submit it along with correct payment by mail, fax or email.
https://www. bellcountytx.com/county_government/county_clerk/marriage_licenses. php
Birth or Death Certificate Requests: To request a birth or death certificate, please complete the required request form an submit by mail with the correct documentation and payment.
https://www.bellcountytx.com/county government/county clerk/birth certificates. php
Assumed Name Certificates and Abandonment of Assumed Name Certificates: Complete the forms at this link and return along with payment by mail. The Assumed Name Certificate and Abandonment of Assumed Name Certificate must be notarized.
Record Search Information: https://www.bellcountytx.com/county_government/county_clerk/recorded searches.php
Bell County Clerk: https://www.bellcountytx.com/county_government/county_clerk/index.php