To the Editor :
A few years ago, the Salado Community Foundation was established as a 501(c)f fully qualified non-profit working to improve the quality of life in Salado and the surrounding community. One of our main projects was the raising of funds to build and install two Gateway Signs that will adorn and provide direction on the north and south entrances to the Village of Salado on Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) rights of way.
The unique and artistic design of the sign beautifully showcases Salado’s sense of community, culture and creativity. All that we know Salado to be. There will be no others like in the state of Texas.
The funds that were initially pledged and collected went to the design and building of Sign 1. That sign sits at Glass River Designs, where it is ready to install on the highway right of way. Installation will be at the direction of TXDOT.
TXDOT has preliminarily indicated that it wishes to install both signs at the same time.
Therefore, timing is critical to raise the funds to build Sign 2.
Projections indicate that Sign 2 will cost $45,000. We again ask for your generosity in pledging to the Salado Community Foundation to get this project underway.
To note regarding this important request:
• Donations will be managed by the Salado Community Foundation.
• Your donation is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
• The artistic, one-of-a-kind signs reinforce Salado as an art community.
• Both signs will be highly visible marketing Salado to more than 63,000 vehicles per day (data source: TXDOT 2014).
• Directing visitors to the Village directly impacts tourism and tourism dollars spent in the Village.
For further information regarding pledging, please contact the Salado Community Foundation, PO Box 326, Salado, TX 76571. Please mail payments, marking “Salado Sign Project” in the memo portion of your donation check.
Pres. Salado Community Foundation