Highway speed reduced, town hall meeting set and Christmas Carol onstage
Please read the latest news on different fronts:
1. Speed limit on I-35 from Jason Hudson, Engineer Georgetown:
“Skip, I believe Sherman Coots and Lowell Choate spoke regarding the speed limit during the Highway. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that the Salado project currently has a minute order in place to reduce the speed limit to 60 mph thru Salado during construction. There should be a 60 mph speed limit sign on the North and South side of the Village reducing the speed on IH 35 thru town. “
2. A note from the departing Executive Director of TXDoT:
“Skip, I wish I could have stayed longer, but the time has come to depart. I feel good in that there are people in place who understand Salado issues and are not going to rest until they are completely addressed with lessons learned to prevent such occurrences again. I will bring to the attention of Chief Engineer Bill Hale your concern with the low water bridge and he will do what he can. I promise to stop by the village to have coffee and see how things are progressing. Thank you for your leadership and genuine concern for your community.”
3. A Tremendous Stroll weekend.
The Stroll is excellent. It began with the Christmas Parade. Hats-off to those who worked hard to make it happen. The town was decorated beautifully. One shop owner said, “I was delighted at the number of customers. Thanks to the Chamber and everyone who made a wonderful weekend. “
4. “A Christmas Carol” has great scenes: Christmas Past and Old Joe, Mrs. Pratt, Mrs. Diggs, and Jonathon are a few. Two more performances: Friday 11 Dec. and Saturday 12 Dec., 7 p.m..,Tablerock.
5. Sanctuary Town Hall, Monday, 14 December, Municipal Building., 6:30 p.m.. Our Special guests: Dr. Billie Hanks, City Attorney, and Engineer. Alderman Frank Coachman will present the details. Questions/answers to follow.