The Salado Lions Club supports the Salado school district in many ways. Here are just a few examples:
1. The Lions Club donated $2,102 to the Salado High School and Salado Junior High School track programs. This was half of the revenue earned during the Lions Roar track meet on September 30.
2. The Lions Club assisted with hearing and vision screening for our students.
3. The Lions Club donates $3,000 per year to the school district for the use of the Administration Building/Civic Center for the club meetings and board meeting.
4. The Lions Club sponsored an eyeglasses donation contest with the 3rd grade classes and provided a pizza party for the winning class.
5. The Lions Club provides scholarships to graduating seniors every year. This year they gave $1,500 scholarships to two of our 2017 graduates , Becca Gonzales and Parker Seaton.
6.The Lions Club will be providing lunch for the Salado High School choir when they sing at the December meeting.
7. The Lions Club sponsors a Peace Poster Contest for our students and provides prizes for the top 5 winners:
1st Place – Grace Osbourne
2nd Place – Maria Pauer
3rd Place – Ryan Novotny
4th Place – Titus McInstosh
5th Place – Hope Osbourne
Here are a few ways you can support the Salado Lions Club:
1. Attend the Lions Club pancake breakfast on Saturday, December 2, at the Church of Christ Activity Center located at 225 North Church Street in Salado. Enjoy all you can eat pancakes, sausage, and orange juice anytime between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Tickets are $6 each and kids age 6 and under are free.
2 Purchase tickets for the first ever “Twelve Gifts of Christmas” raffle. Twelve raffle drawings will be held December 9 for gifts ranging in value from $250 to $1,295. Raffle tickets cost $10 each or four for $20. Tickets can be purchased from Lions Club members or the sponsoring merchants: Prellop Fine Art Gallery, Strawberry Patch, Salado Glassworks, Salado Creek Jewelry, Salado’s Solas Gallery, Lonestar E-bikes, Ace Pest Control, Magnolias, First Community Title, 21 Main, Classics on Main, and Inn on the Creek.